Hey! Sloane Spencer here. I love random trivia about people. Tell me about yourself in the comments!
- What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of? I’m obsessed with forensic genealogy and how it can solve cold case crimes. My personal interest is two unidentified Does from 1976 in Sumter. I wish they could identify those victims!
- How do you relax after a hard day of work? I run 5 days a week and lift weights. Once I’ve done that, I’m probably doing word puzzles on the sofa.
- What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read? That’s a tough one. My favorite childhood book was Where the Wild Things Are. I liked it so much that I cut out the pictures and put them inside my pillowcase.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home? I spent a summer in Southern Africa in the 1980s. It was a life-changing experience.
- What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? My husband coming home from work every day when our son was a baby and putting him in the sling and playing piano with him. Our son was premature and on a heart and lung monitor for a year. It was a challenging year for us.
- What is the most annoying question people ask you? It’s more of a statement: you don’t look anything like your voice. I know.
- What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? How to purge your clothes closet. This was much more interesting before Marie Kondo one-upped me.
- If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? I would be a terrible dictator. I hate being in charge of people. I think I’d lean towards anarchy, then run away to another island to be alone.
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Everyone should have to teach in public schools. We’d have a much better understanding of the challenges children face daily.
- Would you rather go hang gliding or whitewater rafting? White water rafting! I love it.
- What’s your dream car? A decked out Prevost tour bus.