94.9 The Palm celebrates Black Philanthropy Month 2020! We will highlight several Black-led and Black-serving organizations in our community. Through the continued commitment of the Central Carolina Community Foundation, non-profits in the Midlands connect, engage, and serve people in need, with a special focus on marginalized communities. Several of the organizations doing the work join us this month:
- The Hive CC provide unwavering support and compassion to the most impacted, yet most under-served, survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking in SC
- MIRCI social rehabilitation program offering activities that help the recovering person obtain self-confidence, become better adjusted, and live independently within the community
- WebGyrlzCode computer science training for girls and women
- Midlands Fatherhood Coalition education and services uniquely tailored for fathers trying to rebuild their lives and their families
- Big Homie Lil Homie uplifting 6-18 year old males by molding and shaping them into GREAT men of society through mentoring
- Central Carolina Community Foundation and their African American Philanthropy Committee
Shine light together at the end of the month with Give 8/28 Day, a special day of celebration and fundraising to support non-profits in the Midlands.